Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I think I recall?


I Think I Recall?
by Rasheed Ferguson 30/05/06


Momentary thoughts of diversion, instils the complexity of a creative mind.
Clock hands turn and work together to kill time.
Stop, no, continue, no.Somewhere in between is where I lie.


It’s been awhile now since I’ve tasted the eloquence of the fruit of my hand.
Even longer since I remembered what its taste was like.
Like it, leave it or love it?
When my prodigal clock gazes back into these opened lids,
Balance perhaps will consider ending its strike.


Seven days, everyday, six days of festivity.
I’ll be the giver, cheerfully….. always, but close to never.
How ironic it is to enlarge your marquee & to stretch out your tent pegs.
Only to one day look back and realize nothing was secured…
…you moved… but never moved!


Your enormous giving heart weighed down your paralyzed yet ever running legs…


3 comments:

lisa-jane-boyle said...

i relate to the tent and tent pegs, ha ha ha....Seriously though...

Security and being secure in God instead of trying to always enlarge myself without him is a constant battle!

Keep it up Rash!

brett said...

Likewise... about the tent, pegs and such, I know the feeling, although I might be interpreting it differently. I enjoy your writing so much dude, please, more more more :)

Rasheed Ferguson said...

ah thanks dudes! only jUSt saw your comments.... maybe its a creative thing hey?!... we're kinda always giving of our selves but not always with the intent of having purpose behind it... "we move, but never move".

Shot LEE & Brett, more will be coming soon :)